Tuesday, October 19, 2010

i've been thinking about peter maurin

the dark starry night
swirling and shining above
with crisp, crisp air
flowing through me
the pureness of earth

given for me.
shown to me.

Jesus!
It is dark and Your tomb is
empty.

sadness and self-pity overwhelm.
does leaving the nature mean leaving You?

Go eat, You say.
Eat, and I have more to show you.

I return with my steaming mug,
but it is not to the twin oaks that You call.

You beckon towards the East
and I follow.
hands warmed by my Pope coffee mug,
face burrowed in fleece,
I walk fast.
I think I know what You want to show me.

And there it is.
I reach the openness
and my self rejoices
The night is no longer dark,
You have lit the sky with
all color
You have lifted the weight from my
heart.

You have risen, and returned.

and nothing else matters
except the truth existing in now.

No comments:

Post a Comment